Boca West Foundation Auction at Boca West Country Club
This was our first year as auctioneers for The Boca West Foundation and their $100,000 Golf Challenge. It was an incredible afternoon as over 700 golfers and guests gathered at the clubhouse after a day of golfing to bid on a dozen great auction items and participate in the Fund a need that sent 86 kids in need to summer camp. What a great community and foundation that work hard all year to fund so many great youth oriented projects.
The Boca West Community Charitable Foundation was initiated in November of 2010. It came about as a desire by the thousands of members of the Boca West Country Club to give back in some way to the Boca Raton community. An independent Board was established, separate from the country club Board for accounting and legal reasons.
Their mission is to identify and fund projects to assist children and their families in need in the Boca Raton and South Palm Beach County areas.
Since its inception, the Foundation has funded more than $700,000 to specific programs of the 11 charities as shown below:
Boys and Girls Clubs of Boca Raton
· $80,000 to fund the holiday adopt a family project
· 280 kids were treated to a $50 shopping spree at Old Navy, a holiday toy from Santa, breakfast and lunch at McDonalds, a magic show
· And they each took home a food basket filled with turkeys, hams, fresh vegetables and all the fixings for a holiday meal
The Wayne Barton Learning Center (2011, 2012 and 2013)
· $55,000 in software and books were purchased so the 250 kids in their after school program had the ability to get reading help every afternoon.
· Boca West members were their tutors and helped them prepare to pass their FCATS and graduate.
· Each year the Boca West Foundation purchases back-to-school book bags and supplies for 8,000 students who otherwise could not afford them in the south Palm Beach area.
Boca Helping Hands
· $75,000 donated to keep the kitchen open on Boca West Fridays serving lunch to 165 kids and their families in need and packaging food bags for them to take home for the weekends. All the work is done by Boca West residents including cooking, serving, etc.
The Florence Fuller Child Development Centers
· $75,000 donated to fund the Boca West Nursing Center and Nurse Brenda on their west campus. 400 kids get basic health services where there was nothing available in the past.
Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options
· $60,000 to fund any child involved with the organization, guaranteeing they will have a bar mitzvah (6 so far) and a Passover Seder (150 each year) and to help fund their emergency shelter to stay open on weekends. JAFCO touched over 600 children last year with all their services.
The Caridad Center
$50,000 to initiate a pediatric dental care program to reach over 400 children who would otherwise have no dental care whatsoever.
Boca Raton Police Athletic League
· $36,000 to purchase a replacement van for the 12 year-old-one that collapsed. Van will transport the 86 children involved in the after school cheerleading and boxing program to their competitions with a thank you message on its side to the Foundation.
Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation
· $10,000 to help process DNA swabs so that they can be included in the international registry to help find matching donors for the kids suffering from leukemia. Matches will lead to stem cell bone marrow implantation programs, which are lifesavers. Over 2,300 children have been matched and saved though this program, 12 alone last month.
The Giving Tree through Temple Beth El
· $20,000 to start the Sweet Dreams project which will guarantee a new bed or bassinet for any child in need in our area. This group works with hundreds of children each year.
SOS Children’s Villages – Florida
· $12,000 for Christmas gift certificates to buy clothes at Old Navy for the 80 children in the Village.
· $6,600 for transportation and duffle bags for 30 children to attend two weeks of Summer Camp.
SCOPE (2012 and 2013)
· $45,000 to cover the cost of 90 underprivileged children from our area to attend
to learn more about The Boca West Foundation visit their website at http://www.bocawestfoundation.org/
In Jacob’s Shoes 7th Annual Celebration “Every Sole Counts” April 20, 2017 5:30PM Boca West Country Club
100% of the proceeds benefit In Jacob's Shoes, a non-profit charity formed in loving memory of Jacob S. Zweig. The mission of In Jacob's Shoes is to provide shoes, backpacks and school supplies to local children in need. We believe the right pair of shoes can change a child's life. [...]
Derby Day Auction to Benefit LoveWay Equestrian April 21st 2017 at The Northern Indiana Event Center
Please join us for this exciting event with a derby theme. Derby Day will be taking place at a new venue this year! We are excited to announce that it will be at the Northern Indiana Event Center. The night will include live and silent auctions, derby inspired decorations and food, music, and more. Attendees dress in their best derby attire. [...]
This is Boca Helping Hands major fundraising event of the year as guests vie for the BHH title of, MONOPOLY® Game Champion. Enjoy the tasty hors d'oeuvres and Dinner while checking out our Silent and Live Auction. There is also Casino Gaming for our guests to enjoy. Have fun as our DJ mixes the music for your dancing and listening pleasure. All proceeds from this event benefit Boca Helping Hands, a 501 (c) (3) organization named Charity Navigator 4 Star award winner for the 11th consecutive year. [...]